SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwiehn

White variegated maple

marcindy
15 years ago

Hi - I am looking to plant a white variegated maple in front of tall pine trees. The maple will be in full view from my deck and windows. It will be in part shade to shade, and should be on the "smaller" tree size... something like "japanese maple size".. :-)

I like the crisp look of the Acer campestre 'Carnival', but from the few pictures I've seen online it looks somewhat stiff growing. I really like the graceful growing habit of Japanese maples and was hoping to find a variegated maple that meets those requirements. So far, at least from the pictures, I tend towards the variety Ukigumo, but I am open to other suggestions. I am considering varieties that are mostly green-white variegated, whose leaves don't look misformed, and that are reasonably vigorous. I figure that kind of variegation would show off best in front of the darker pine back drop. In other words, I like variegated plants that look and act healthy. Does that make sense? What other suggestions or ideas do you have? Maybe I should branch out from my white variegated image... hmmm... help? lol

TIA!

Marc

Comments (12)