SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

Last week I bought a small tractor to use on our "Farm". It is a Kubota B7100. It is not very big, but it is a strong little tractor. It came with a 4 foot finish mower.

After renting one for several years, I talked my wife into it. Best of all, I have been watching, searching for 2 years now and ended up buying one from a guy about 20 miles from me!

It didn't have a loader, but I will deal with it. This tractor has a brand new rebuilt diesel motor, 4 new tires and has a rare factory installed creeper gears. I am looking for a tiller, but I have found that I can rent one fairly cheap and a friends dad will let me borrow his, if I want to.

I have the pieces or have built a disc hiller, middle buster, chisel plow, and cultivator to use with this tractor. I also am picking up a rear blade next weekend.

I have used larger Kubotas, 175 and 225 the last two springs. While I liked them, they were almost too big for my smaller plots. After talking it through, I decided to go a little smaller. Less time turning around, closer row spacing and ability to use inside my high tunnels all swayed my votes. Also, I can use the tractor to help move my movable tunnels.

I am sure you will hear more about it as the summer goes along.

Jay

Comments (25)

Sponsored