SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay83

anyone else notice T8 32W are USELESS?

jay83
9 years ago

I have a nice stand, 72H 18W 48L. I bought TWO four tube fluorescent shoplights. and the bulbs I bought were T8 32W PHILLIPS warm white AND cool white. as I heard that's a GOOD combination for growing plants under light indoors lol. well I had to have my four tube fixture on each shelf a mere inches from the tops of my dwarf sans-- and they didn't even grow!!! light meter read 6000-7000 LUX ud think that is more then enough light to make a plant grow?. used 16HR day lengths. anyways its probably that its the WRONG combination of lights, and probably phillips brand just sucks (from home depot). a few of my houseplant books say to use cool white and daylight tubes, so im gonna try maybe the GE brand cool white and the GE brand daylight DELUXE tubes and see if that makes a difference, need others advice on what setup I should use for the lights. ps im not interested in nor can afford HPS or similar. I only use T8 32W tubes, if anyone has an idea on what tubes I should use. or if this new combination would work better then the stupid warm white/cool white combination let me know

Comments (9)