SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmac96

Can you suggest lilies for all summer flower power?

tmac96
18 years ago

I want to fill a bed with daffodils for the spring, then all lilies for the summer. I know I should have a mix of Asiatics since they bloom around June and then Orientals will pick up where they left off in July...is that right? I JUST attempted this on a way smaller scale -- a pot! I just planted some Lollipops and Muscadets. The lollipops did their thing but I have to say I wasn't wowed. The muscadets on the other hand -- wowzers! They had way more blooms as far as count, the blooms were HUGE with those gorgeous wavy petals and the scent...well, I'm sure you know! Anyhow, I liked how the lilies bloomed at different times so that there was always something to look at and I want a similar effect but on a bigger scale in my new bed. SO, can you offer suggestion for lillies that bloom at different times? (Early Asiatics, late Orientals, a variety I'm missing?) I'm also looking for ones that don't get very tall. I like the shorter-mid range ones best. Not interested in staking. Scent and large flower size is a plus too.

Another question I have is this: what other low growing plants can you suggest planting with the lilies. I would like to plant something to hide those stems and also offer flower power in between the lily blooms. In my containers, I've just interplanted with short annuals. Good idea? Any perennials that would be better?

Finally, if anyone could offer a good lily source, I'd be very appreciative too! I was happy with the Muscadet and Lollipop that I got from Brent and Becky's but I see that they don't have a huge variety in lilies.

Thanks for ANY input you can offer!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville