SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
river_crossroads

Mailorder plants arrived with PM?

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I bought 2 H. ‘June’ on the half price sale at Bluestone. They arrived Friday with what looks like powdery mildew. I sprayed them Friday with the milk solution that I have read about, 2:1 water to milk, and was hopeful. Today, Sunday, the PM (or whatever it is) seems to be returning .

The last time I bought plants from Bluestone I took pictures the night they arrived and showed them to Bluestone, who immediately credited my credit card (plants looked fried to me but Bluestone said probably had gotten frostbitten in transit). I really don’t want to bother writing Bluestone and would prefer to just treat the plants if forum members think that the prob is minor and treatable.

I took them out of the coir pots and planted them in the ground on Friday. Overall they look ok but have PM.

I use various kinds of barriers for slugs/snails for my existing hosta in the same area, otherwise no probs whatsoever with hosta.

I also have Neem oil concentrate, Green Light brand, that I use for other problems on other plants. Opinions, please. Thanks so much! River

Here is a link that might be useful: 5 more pictures

Comments (10)