SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Green Mountain VT order arrived June 1

User
11 years ago

I've been a planting fool this week, and now the third day of rain, about 3 inches each day, has helped restore the new arrivals to perky health. Some were very large and tall, so they wilted down quickly, and even with skewers and masking tape they were hard to keep standing tall. This morning though, I was pleased to see all hosta were okay, and removed a couple of the skewers and tape.

Here are the family photos or mug shots of the new hosta:

Unforgettable (got myself a "U" for the winter!)

Captain Kirk

Climax--I'm putting it beside Afterglow and Seducer....any comments about that? :)

Brenda's Beauty....cannot wait to see her shine

Zippety Doo Da had the worst wilt, was also the tallest of the bunch.

Princess Anastasia...better than the picture, not unique but my SIL is Anastasia so I will remember it

Verna Jean--my best friend's mama is named this, would you believe...and she is short and blonde too :)

Tiny Tears...in a pot not a cup, but about the same size. Might be the least mini I have.

White Dove x3 ...All three of them planted in one pot, look fine but not as big a group as the 2 from Mason Hollow. Still, they are healthy and good looking

Honeybells #2...had to add it in, at $3 it was "cheap at half the price" and I can always use it in the ground, right? It is taped up high, no skewers holding it vertical.

The Green Mountain hosta were not packed as carefully as I would have liked to be making a long trip to hot regions this late in the season. However, by having a lot of rain at the right time, much better than any watering I could do, the hosta are quickly returning to good shape.

I also ordered a European ginger (asarum europaeum) and it was in excellent shape. They have many companion plants at good prices. Their website is shown below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Mountain

Comments (2)