SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Different leaf pattern in Stargazer and Aubade Lily Bed

aliska12000
15 years ago

I noticed the leaf form on whatever these are is more in a ladder form. Does that happen when these kind of lilies multiply? Or do I have something else going on there? It looks like a lily leaf, and I only planted some allium and one oriental that I wanted to see what it was like among them.

The one in the Aubade area, some near the sidewalk didn't come back this year but the rest are up.

{{gwi:1032052}}

The one is the Stargazer area, well the one in the Aubades, same thing, it has leaves perpendicular to the others on the bottom but then assumes a ladder form. I don't know what class these lilies are, Asians, LA, think not orientals.

That dog stake I use for a hose guide, it works but not 100% and is a little unsightly.

Also, while I'm thinking lilies, these haven't been fertilized yet this year. I've got bone meal, liquid kelp, Miracid, and Miracle Gro. Bone meal might attract something to eat the lilies, and I've been lucky about that so far. What would be best? The Aubade didn't have as prominent yellow stripes as in the vendor's photo, disappointing, they said something about maybe it would be better if the soil were more acidic but backed off when I suggested sprinkling with Miracid. Have some photos from blooming last year, won't bother with those now.

BTW the leaves look healthy but are a little mottled which makes me think they may be suffering a slight deficiency. Maybe an app of compost would help some, then mulch again.

{{gwi:1032053}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz