SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Today's winning number is 7...new hosta

User
10 years ago

Yep, just got them yesterday, from Made In The Shade (MITS).

Guacamole...replacement for one gone bad
So Sweet....doubling down on her, she is really...so sweet.
Frozen Margarita....fragrant, of course
Hudson Bay....since I lost Eskimo Pie, this is my consolation
Heart's Content....looks good and continues my "heart" selections
London Fog....might need Allegan Fog next, but hope this one with no green margin will be a strong grower.
and
Three Sisters....which looks really nice, got it because of my DH's three youngest granddaughters and I miss being near them.

Every one of these plants is a lush and full hosta which I am about to insert in new black pots from Lowes...much prefer those with side drainage instead of those from WalMart with holes draining into an attached saucer, which may contribute to crown or root rot. (I drilled holes in the bottom, but not entirely satisfactory on the bottom).

As soon as they are potted up, they get their school ID photo taken, and away they go to the MITS classroom in the Back40.
You'll see them almost as quickly as I will, since I can upload direct from my Android phone and my Android tablet....both cameras are doing acceptable jobs. I'll add "tags" later.

So that's all folks....for now. :)
Oh yeah. I think next week Van Wade is shipping the fragrant hosta that must be dug from the ground. I'm ready with 4 bags of potting mix, and about 25 pots....and bought another umbrella today to shade my potting table near the water hose!

Comments (11)