SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikesc_gw

New Member w/Questions

mikesc
16 years ago

Hello,

I am a gardener in Myrtle Beach, SC and have just joined this forum. I have posted on other related web sites occasionally. I especially enjoyed finding the pictures here (e.g. "Silent Screen Star" I could not find anywhere else, and it was a bonus sent to me by Joseph Ghio). It helps so much to see photos of specific plants besides the ones in catalogs (for comparison).

I had two questions. From the first that I saw Schreiner's "Can't Touch This," I really liked it. I purchased it in 2005, but it has failed to bloom and has produced only two fans. It's my slowest grower out of about 85 TB irises. I wonder if others out there are growing this cultivar, and, if so, is this a common experience? If not, I'd like to order another rhizome and continue trying. The flower is really pretty, I think.

I would also like your opinion on a large black flower TB. Which in your experience are particularly deeply colored? When I move (hopefully, soon), I will have more space to add new flowers, and a large flowered black iris is definitely on my list. I have Matt McNames, which I love, but am replacing the solid black "Before the Storm." Any recommendations? Of course, I know that regional conditions affect growth so I would consider this.

Thanks for your knowledge--

Mike Williams, Myrtle Beach, SC, Zone 8

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH