SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

When You Care Enough To Send The Very Best..

User
10 years ago

It is a great thing to get three boxes of hosta delivered all at one time. All three sources sent the very best. I am pleased.

It's HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! (in 6 more days)...I stopped celebrating birthdays, but it's good to keep HAVING them, you know what I mean? :)

The hosta are all still in the house, some already taped against wilt as they enter the ambient humid atmosphere in south Alabama, others yet to be taped, all sucking up cool water and waiting for the cooler shady part of the day to arrive, just before sundown. Then I begin potting.

Have a look at the new gang....aren't they amazing? The boxes first:

Ed Schulz sent H. 'Sam Spade' which I won on a benefit auction in late May/early June...

Hallson sent the 4 I ordered plus the bonus H.'Neptune'

Then Jim Hartmann sent the long stem rose box packed with big divisions from mature hosta. What an amazing sight it was when I kept pulling big hosta out of there! The green bushel of biggies all came from Hartmann, and one of the small containers sitting on the tall stool. The others ar from Schulz and Hallson.

Now for some individual leaves from the Hartmann order
There are only two I can identify now, being Kiwi Full Monty
and Lakeside Lollipop, which is the really dark round leafed medium sized hosta.
LS Lollipop?

Kiwi Full Monty

and some more of the big guys

Come on over, and join me in a POT PARTY. It's legal. :)

Comments (21)