SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always_outside

Pond dilemma....Should I call or not?

always_outside
16 years ago

Hello. I had a pond installed 3 months ago. It is beautiful and my fish are so happy, they are multiplying. Problem is, a sprinkler pipe burst under the edge of the pond. The professional pond installers came back and fixed the leak, free of charge, being that I had a one yr warranty and they re-routed that portion of my sprinkler system for the pond. My dilemma is, I paid a lot of money to get this pond installed and the pond is now very murky and muddy looking as a result of the broken sprinkler spraying muddy water in the pond all during the night (We obviously had no idea it was happening until the next morning!!). It has been 3 days and it has yet to settle. I can see a thin layer of mud inside the the entire pond, too. This pond definitely needs to be vacuumed out. I do not own a water vacuum. Should I ask them to come back and give the pond a professional cleaning? I mean, this dirty water is a result of their flawed workmanship. The pond was crystal clear before this happened. I say they are responsible. Am I being too harsh, or should the pond builders come back and clean it? BTW, this company also offers maintenance services, so I know they have the tools/men to do the job. I just don't want to come off as expecting too much if I am. I just want it back the way it was before the problem. Please advise.

Comments (3)

Sponsored