SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t4codybear

Tea color water ? question from older post.

t4codybear
15 years ago

Hi,

First time on forum although I have been reading and following the advice of many for quite sometime. But now I have an issue I can't seem to resolve. I have the same set up and problem as Jeanne- May 2008, although I know Jeanne's issue was solved. My pond is 12x 23 and 30" deep, rock bottom with skimmer and waterfall. I have done what Sandy and others have suggested, i.e. 9lbs of activated charcoal in the waterfall, batting in the skimmer (which works fantastic removing particles), hornwort & hyancinths plus lettuce, I cut down on feeding. And even though my water is very clear now (which is a big improvement itself)it still has the tannic / tea color which really doesn't allow the koi to show off there bright colors. I then added "SAB Extreme Debris" to break down whatever leaves etc, may remain and then added "AquaClear" once a week. I was thinking that the soil from my water lilly's & grass that I spilt up in the spring caused this? I use pea gravel on top of the soil, but I have had this problem last year also, this is my second season since installation. In a way the color makes it look more realistic but it doesn't help the true color of the fish. Do I just live with it? I can send pic's if needed.

Thanks,

Peter

Comment (1)

Sponsored