SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulletproof2

Is my Tomato seedling ready for half-strength nutrients? *pic*

bulletproof2
18 years ago

Hey, this is a Tomato seedling which I am growing in an Aeroponics system. It is 20 days old from seed, here is how I've been taking care of it:

Week 1 - Hand watered rooting cube with plain water.

Week 2 - Cotyledons show up (seed leaves). Watering with Rooting Stimulator (only trace amounts of NPK) and 1/8 teaspoon of Seaweed Extract diluted in 1 gallon of water.

Week 3 - Transplanted into Aeroponics system with rooting stimulator and 1/4 teaspoon of Vegetative nutrients diluted in 3 gallons of water. Power Plant from Botanicare is the name of the nutrient.

As you can see I've been pretty conservative with the nutrients. This is the first time I've grown tomatoes but in my past expierence with Cucumber seedlings I have had alot of problems with fertilization. My cucumber seedlings would easily burn with even small amounts of nutrients. As you can see the seedling is growing even though I am using a small amount of nutrients, but I'm guessing it's not big for being 20 days old and I guess it's because I'm using extremely diluted nutrients. So my question is, is it safe at this point to use the nutrients at half strength? The bottle calls for 7ml a gallon. You can also see that although it is still small there is no yellowing occuring which would indicate deficiencies.

{{gwi:1014968}}

Comments (2)