SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amoc_gw

hydrangeas & other plant combinations

amoc
16 years ago

Hi All,

I had a horticulturist make a plan for a few beds for me. However, I have a hard time sticking to her plan :-) I keep doing my own thing and mixing in with her ideas.

So, one of the beds that she made had some small leaf rhododendron, daylilies, echinacea, black eye susan and maybe some other things. I decided to move my endless summer hydrangeas into this bed. However, they entirely stole the show :-). I do not like so much the daylilies or echinacea/black eye susan next to the hydrangea. But I like the leaf contrast with the rhododendrons and with the irises. And I like that the rhododendrons, iris and hydrangea bloom at different times, so no clashing there. I also have a pink clematis going on the house wall, and that seem to match well with the hydrangea.

So, what other combinations have you tried with the hydrangeas and you loved? The flowers on mine are both pink and blue (why?)and i like them that way. I am not sure what to fill the bed with once the dayilies, echinacea and black eye susan are out.

Thanks,

Anda

Comments (8)