SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coralb_gw

Ademink-I am feeling your pain

coralb
12 years ago

Yesterday they did it. They finally came and cut down my huge (sick) tulip poplar. Everytime I look out the window it makes my stomach tighten up in a ball. This tree was so big it had almost my entire back yard shaded. In the NC piedmont that is a good thing come summer. It was also awesome for growing hostas.

As if losing the tree was not bad enough the tree cutters dropped a huge branch on my veggie garden. I hope my 2 year old does not start swearing because we were watching out the window when it happened and a stream of curse words came out of my mouth. Now I have lost 10 heirloom tomatoes that I grew from seeds and the cages that protected them.

The tree cutters also somehow managed to squash some hostas in pots that were well away from the tree (and about 5 feet from the house). Among the ones that were trampled were the ones I got from the White Oak Nursery sale that I had potted on Friday. I just keep telling myself that Ken says this will make them bigger and better next year!

Okay, thanks for listening to my pity party. I am trying to see the glass as half full and have been reading up on edible landscaping. I think a persimmon tree is in my future. We had one when I lived in Brazil and I loved them. I may also try my hand at hardy kiwis and muscadines. Hostas have my spoiled I can plant those and leave those alone. Not true for a lot of edibles.

Comments (10)