SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollydog4

Unusual Hydrangea Issue (photo)

mollydog4
13 years ago

I have two big blue hydrangea bushes that I planted about 20 years ago. They always got flowers EVERY OTHER year (I'm guessing because I never pruned them). Well a relative thought they were doing me a favor one July and pulled out a bunch of the branches etc on one of them but not the other. Now about 3 years after she did that I am still not getting any flowers on the bush she worked on. Oddly the one she "pruned" has bigger LEAVES and lusher leaf growth and it has grown much taller than the non "pruned" one but it doesn't FLOWER. I am putting "pruned" in quotes because she didn't cut any of the stalks, she just pulled some of them out or something. I'm not really sure what she did cause I wasn't home when she did it and I thought she knew what she was doing cause she owned a garden center but there was a big pile of branches that she had pulled out.

But now I have one big green kind of square shaped non flowering bush and one rounder shaped small not as lush but full of blooms bush (the one that was never touched).

How can I get them to at least bloom together again?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths