SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri_berry_gw

Starting up!

cheri_berry
14 years ago

ok, so yesterday I put my rockwool starter blocks in a solution of 5.0 water. I have three set ups and 4 plants. First is my green tomatos that I'm putting with my cajun tabasco plant. (drip system) Then I'll be putting my lemon cucumbers in the other drip system, and my tigger melons in the DWC I made in a 5 gal bucket with a 10" net pot (that system wont be ready until I get some growing media in there on friday...any recomendations of what I should grow the melons in? I was going to put hydroton at the bottom with verm/perlite mix above that. I read that somewhere and thought I would try it??)

My water from the tap has a PH of a tad above 7. I'm using Fox Farm's Grow Big (3-2-6) I have some GH 3 part flora too, but I'll be using the FF unless you think the GH is better.

So what do you think? Everything sound good? I want to make sure I have everything just so.

I plan to keep the PH of my tomatoes at 6.0 and my cucumbers around 5...is that right?? And melons I think were 5.8...I'll have to look at my notes tho, don't hold me to that LOL

ok...now as far as my nutes go...this is the one I'm having the hardest time on understanding. I think I get it for the most part, and I learn more by DOING...but I'd hate to kill plants just to learn! lol So where do I start? What do I need to do or know before I start?

Thanks!

~~Cheri~~

Comments (15)