SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostales

How do you deal with a lot of pictures of hostas

hostaLes
11 years ago

I haven't done a lot of photographic work on ANYTHING but my love of hostas is forcing me into it. This inquiry is not in regards to software used in processing photos, but the hardware you use to store your files.

I am only starting my 2nd year with photographing my hostas, and I only have 60 varieties. Oversimplified, that would seem to indicate 120 files, ie: a file for all of my pictures of hosta 'A1' in 2011, and now another for 'A1' in 2012 x 60. Then in a system showing each in a year by year progression in my care is another 60 files.

I might then like to store pictures posted in Hosta Forum of the same varieties I have so I know how mine should look; that is another 60 files. That would be a minimum of 240 files to keep organized and a lot of space on my hard-drive.

Not a person who sees a need to reinvent a wheel, but ways to make and keep it turning smoothly, I ask----"HOW THE H--- DO YOU DO IT? Do you work off your computer to CDRW, direct to external hard-drives, or what? Should there be a seperate forum regarding these questions or is it relatively simply done?

"HOW DO YOU DO IT?"

Les

Comments (10)