SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steve_mass

Hosta Amour Redux

Last summer at the AHS convention, there were three gardens that were display gardens for nurseries. Today I went back to visit Cheryl Cravino's garden and nursery, Hosta Amour. Located in Pelham, NH it's a little over an hour from where I live. If you live in the area, it's a great nursery and if you don't Hosta Amour does do mail order either through Paypal or by check. They have about 225 cultivars for sale this Spring.

I asked Cheryl about where her plants come from. Most are TC's that she grows on. These come from Shady Oaks (which is now closed), and Bentley Gardens, but mostly from Q and Z. Larger divisions come from wholesaler growers that she knows personally such as Green Mountain in Vermont or Fourth Generation in Mendon, MA (who I have bought from as well). She also has an area where she grows Hosta for the purpose of dividing and selling, so you can see the mature plant before she digs out your piece.

This is just a beautiful, friendly place to visit set in a residential neighborhood in a naturally beautiful part of the country. Well worth the visit if you are within driving distance.

Yes, I took more photos. I had lots more time today to stroll the grounds. And yes I brought home 3 Hosta; Arc de Triomphe, Fair Maiden, and Blue Dolphin (they were sold out of this the last time I came). Next week Cheryl is going to bring me a piece of her Lakeside Ripples (OS). Here are a couple of pics and a link to a slide show if you want more.

Pink flowering Dogwood framed by native New Hampshire White Birch

Blue Dolphin

St. Paul

Here's the slideshow (67 photos) Hosta Amour Slideshow.

Here's the Hosta Amour website. Hosta Amour.

Steve

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022