SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cinlo

The 'Hosta Bug' bit me again & some questions!

cinlo
14 years ago

So last year, after reading this forum, I ended up planting about 35 hostas. We were (are) on a tight budget, so I tended my garden and avoided reading this forum or looking at catalogs to keep the "bug" to buy more at bay.

Then, what happens? Spring comes along, and my hostas emerge - beautiful!

Now, I lost about 7, I think, including Paul's Glory, Sagae, & Piedmont Gold. I "need" to replace these, right? I've already purchased Stained Glass, Dream Weaver, Inniswood, Paradigm, and Striptease. And, of course, by reading this forum again, I've already started a huge wish list.

So, when do the sales begin?

Also, I'm not sure of all the ones I lost because I just stuck the plastic plant tag in the ground beside the hosta. Many are broken or lost. I'd like to get some EON markers. Any recs on the size I need? I have 2 toddlers and neighborhood dogs who don't mind walking through my garden so I don't know how high they need to be.

The labels are just for my benefit.

I'm sorry I missed the sale a while back on the PTouch label maker. I'll "need" one of those, too. Will the pen/markers EON sells work for the summer until I can budget for a label maker?

Oh, by the way, the ones that are really pretty include Patriot, Guacamole, Fragrant Bouquet, Francee, and Fried Bananas. I can't wait until they really flourish. I'll try to post pictures in a few days. We've got rain/thundershowers for the next few days - good for my babies!

Comments (4)