SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19774863

My first DWC hydroponic setup

User
16 years ago

Hello Good People,

Thought I would post a few shots of my first DWC hydro setup and solicit some advice if anyone has any to offer. I took these shots yesterday. Since then, IÂve added another bin with 12 gallons of water to sit for a few days to evaporate some chlorine. I figure IÂll add the nutrients on Thursday and pop in a tomato and pepper plant in the 6 inch baskets sitting beside the 3 ½ inch basket bin going already.

IÂm using Pure Blend Pro Grow vegetative nutrient at ½ strength in the bin thatÂs going. IÂve stuck a few lettuce and spinach seeds in the baskets to see if theyÂll germinate. IÂm also starting some in earth incase the ones in the bin donÂt go.

Yesterday, after setting it up and letting it settle with a couple of air stones bubbling away, I took readings of pH and TDS. My TDS has stayed stable when taking measurements today but my pH is rising. IÂll give it another day before I take any action. TDS is 832 ppm at 21.5C and pH has risen from 6.4 to 6.9.

One last thing, I opted to add wicks to ensure that my medium (perlite) received enough moisture until the roots hit the nutrients. Good idea, any other comments or suggestions?

Bill

{{gwi:997787}}

{{gwi:997788}}

{{gwi:997789}}

Comments (13)