SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peta3130

New to Hostas and have questions..

peta3130
17 years ago

This is my first garden I've ever had and I really don't know the first thing about Hostas.

I planted two hostas several months ago and after reading the forum I think I may have planted them too deep. Would it be ok if I dug them up or will I kill them?

I also bought 2 packages of Hosta roots from walmart and the direction said to dig a hole and bury them. When I opened the first package the roots just fell apart and at the time I didn't know to soak them in water first. I planted them in three large pots a couple weeks ago and so far nothing has happened. I think I may have planted those to deep too.

Yesterday I planted the second package in three pots and again I didn't know to soak them in water. Is it to late to soak them in water?

I've been watering my hostas everyday and so far I only have one that looks nice. The roots are just not growing. Am I being impatient with the first set of roots I planted?

I have no idea what to do and I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance

Comments (4)