SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

On my honor, I will Try....

lindac
15 years ago

To put a label on every hosta that I put into the ground.....even if I think I will never forget!

I've been puzzling over a couple of shoots that are coming out of the ground where I didn't think there was anything but pachysandra. Today they are unfurled enough so that I recignize Sagae....has to be....nothing looks like that. I really don't remember planting it.....but I can see finding one at a huge bargain and planting it and thinking..."Well I'll recognize Sagae when it grows"....and sure enough I did!

I don't label those that have been here for years and years. And I will often carve a piece off of Antioch or August moon or golden edger to fill a space until something more favored gets mature....so unlabeled hosta usually meant...one of the ole timers.

Well this afternoon I was down in the "way back" checking on the oriole feeder and looking at the emerging hosta while I'm at it, and there's this hosta....big! rugose! vigorous! yellow edges on the leaves. According to my flawless memory (!!!!) it should be September Sun....but SS doesn't have yellow edges,,,it has yellow centers.

It really looks like Frances Williams....but too vigorous.

Maybe I'll wander down and take a picture of it...

Am I the ONLY one who does stuff like this?

Linda C

Comments (9)