SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keanaz5a

My Latest Plant Tag Adventure

keanaz5a
13 years ago

OK, I tried the painting on rocks and even making concrete markers out of coaster forms and painting on them. Even with a couple coats of clear matt, after a few years they faded and I had to re-paint the names. I don't want to spend the money for the P-Touch Labeler and labels. I'd rather spend it on hosta....lol So.....now I found directions on how to cut up aluminum drink cans and write backwards on the backside by writing (or you can print on your computer) on a piece of paper you can see through and flip over. Place it on the backside of the aluminum (printed side) and trace the letters with a stylus or an ink pen. When you turn it over it will have an embossed effect. Using a paper punch, punch a hole in the corner and secure it to the ground under or around the plant with a wire (wire coat hangers work great). Voila, a permanent marker that will never fade! I even scored the edges around all four sides and turned them under, so there are no sharp edges. Cheap, easy, permanent and I'm recycling.

Comments (4)