SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mehitabel_gw

More feeders = more hummers

mehitabel
9 years ago

Last year I had two feeders up on my deck this time of year, and got hummers all thru from August thru September. Five were the most I ever saw at one time.

This year I added another feeder early in summer below the deck on the patio. Then about mid August added another two on the deck, and in September another for a total 5 on the deck and 1 below.

Since I put up the last three feeders my deck has been mobbed all day. When I put up the last two I had seen 5 at one time, now a few days later it's at least 7 or 8, but can't count them all.

Also with the 5 feeders, have seen 4 feeders in use at one time. Three in use is common, and occasionally two birds on one feeder.

The new feeders were in use within an hour or so of going up.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'm trying to understand how things work, and now it seems more feeders attract more birds. I know this is the time of year new birds are coming thru all the time, and that could account for the increase in birds, but the timing is so close it's had to resist the idea more feeders= more birds.

Comments (7)