SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

A hosta 'Minuteman' given to me by a neighbor today

11 years ago

She said she got it a month or so ago from Home Depot because she admires my Albomarginata so much but she didn't realize it needed so much shade and she is in full sun in the front where all her plants are so she gave me her plant today. It has 3 eyes but it HUGE like my Albomarginata... Thinking it may be a big one, too!?

I also resoiled my Albomarginata today... A huge chore... It weighs like 40lbs, the plant alone! Last I was able to count, it had 21 eyes this season, there are more than that but I couldn't count them all! It will be OK this season but next it will need a bigger pot for sure as this one is full and can take no more! LOL!! But, it's happy and healthy and here's the arrangement on it's part with the Mama Mia and Minuteman now...

Where'd my kitten basket statue go?...The only place it could!

Also, I know for sure my Fire Island is going to flower this season... Here's proof!

My other neighbor had me help her dig her hosta up out of the ground and pot it today. She asked me what potting soil I use so I let her borrow some of mine... Miracle Grow's Moisture Control. She said she is going to copy me in every way possible! I was so flattered!!

Comments (9)