SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Since we're on tomatoes...

How do you get the tomato stains out of your pants?

Okay, but seriously, I am looking at taking my first stab at tomatoes, especially since some of ya'll are talking about getting them started so I am aware that planting season is just around the corner. As I have stated in other posts, I am limited in that I can not plant veggies in-ground in my neighborhood. So instead I am going with container gardening. 5-gal container gardening with Self-Watering reservoirs attached to a rain barrel. I am doing my reading and trying to figure out the best way to go about this, so far it seems I am going to be limited to small variety tomatoes with this setup. While I do my research I thought I would ask my fellow Floridians for any experience any of you might have in this area. I know many of you grow tomatoes (yeah, I'm looking at you Tom and Silvia), but I don't know if any of you have grown them in containers.

I thought about getting seeds and starting mine indoors like many of ya'll will be, but since I am only looking at doing maybe 3 or 4 plants I figure it would be less waste to just get some started plants and then collect seeds from my own tomatoes for the next set.

So anyways, back to my research and as always, thank you in advance for any help!

Comments (9)