SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
botanybabe

Visit to sister hosta grower

botanybabe
14 years ago

Today I visited the garden of Janice aka critter-ridder and other fanciful names. She lives down the road about 7 miles or so from me. She has about 200 hostas, I would estimate, and they are all fabulous.

She has the largest Grand Tiara I've ever seen, and the most exquisite Guardian Angel I've ever seen, even in photos. Her garden is filled with hosta, ferns, wildflowers, gingers and heuchera. But the hostas are definitely the stars of the garden.

Even though she is fighting a few critters who like to dine on hosta, you'd never know it. Her Blue Hawaii is a real specimen plant. She has a blue hosta that neither she nor I could identify, but it was the bluest blue hosta I've ever seen. I forgot to take my camera, but I showed Janice how to post to here from Photobucket so hopefully we'll see some of great specimens. Her Queen of the Seas is to die for. And Daniel, her Ann Kulpas are magnificent.

Of course she couldn't let me leave without filling the back seat of my car with hostas. I, in turn, will bring her some that she doesn't have. That's what hosta friends are for.

Thanks Janice for a wonderful time.

Lainey

Comments (4)