SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubyhummerlover

finally a hummer in eastern co spgs!!!

RubyHummerLover
18 years ago

Hello to everyone. I had posted here once before when I moved to Colorado from New Jersey. I must admit I was sort of depressed (and given up hope) because although I did put out my feeders in April I didn't see any hummers here in the east side of Colorado Springs. On the western side by the mountains a friend of mine has tons of hummingbirds. But since this past Saturday I have seen one hummer coming to the feeder. So now at least I know they are around. In New Jersey I had about 20-25 hummingbirds daily so they were easier to spot when feeding on the flowers or the feeders. I have a few questions, first the one hummingbird I have now doesn't come back very frequently so could it be that he is getting better pickings somewhere else? How do I keep him coming back more frequently? I purchased a "campsis radicans"(trumpet vine)and a honeysuckle vine, do I removed the bamboo stakes they come with before planting or do I leave them alone? I don't have any experince with vines and don't know what to do with them. The trumpet vine is about five and a half feet tall now but no flowers. Should I feed the trumpet vine so it will flower? The honeysuckle has pretty pink flowers. I would appreciate any help/info anyone here can give. Thank you all for reading.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm