SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
verna2_gw

Does anyone know?

Verna2
18 years ago

Hello, I finally got with it and decided to try and see what the plants should look like for the seeds Helena and Stephen sent me. Duh, I never thought of checking an online search. I now have pictures of all the plants that could or should be growing in my hummer garden except one. It is from a seed Helena sent, which she called lurkscap. I can't seem to find a picture of it or even anything about it on the internet. Helena, I haven't seen you post a message in forever; so if you are out there in hummerland somewhere is there another name for this plant? If any one can help, I would certainly appreciate it. My husband is beginning to think almost every plant that doesn't have flowers on it yet is a weed. I do so hope that he didn't pull up some of the hummer plants cause we didn't know what they looked like! I still can't tell if all the plants that are left are from the seeds I got, as they don't really look like they are, but some are definitely flowering plants and not weeds. One plant I can't identify is very tall, about 6 feet and we think it might be a sunflower, but we haven't had any sunflowers there in 3-4 years. It does have buds on it though, and they are taking forever to bloom.

Someday I'll be as knowledgeable as some of you about my hummer plants (I hope), but until then if anyone has another name for lurkscap or knows what it is, I'll be happy.

Thanks , Verna

Comments (12)