SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

The trouble with old eyes!

Denise
14 years ago

... And thank goodness for macro photography!! I took a photo of the developing bud on my meliflua this morning, because it looks so different from other Hoya flowers (at least now...)

And when I looked at the back of the flowers, I thought, "Hm, that's different, too!" So took a photo of the back. Then I uploaded them to the computer, went to make the usual crop/resize changes on the "behind" photo and, YIIIKES!!!!!!!

Do you see what I see?!!! A hideous cluster of aphids. I hate those little sh!#s. And you know, if you hit a flower bud with a stream of alcohol, they always abort... So I hit it with a stream of plain water - I just hope the stream wasn't harsh enough to damage the bud. Then had to go inspect all my other budding/flowering ones ('cuz, as you know, they go straight for the flowers first, then the new growth is their second choice...) Checked out my 'Pink Siver' new growth, because it seems that's the one that they go to first. No other signs. Oh, I hate those things! It's why I don't put most of my Hoyas outside in summer. This one hasn't been out, so I either brought them in on something else, or they slipped in another way. **Sigh** I'll be on an aphid safari for the next several days...

Denise in Omaha

P.S. I just feel thankful that I was inspired to take that "behind" photo, which I don't usually do, or I would have never seen them!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County