SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19735161

Unadvertised Tip about Home Depot ('HD')

User
12 years ago

Hi Folks,

For those who have limited Hoya buying options near them or Newbies getting some Hoyas at Home Depot, I've discovered a good thing & recently made use of it for the 2nd time in a couple of years. Time to share the wealth.

HD doesn't tell publicize this, but they guarantee their plants for one year. So if the plant fails, one can return it w/ receipt &/or original pot for an exchange (my usual) or a credit.

I recently did this w/a hanging pot of EA Hoya Chelsea which I really liked (it had bronzy tones on new growth). I had removed the drip tray & even swapped out their mix for mine, yet couldn't get the plant to settle in (did get a couple of cuttings tho'). So when I realized the hanging H Chelsea was dead, I thought I'd try an exchange.

I took back this 6-8" hanging pot which cost about $14 & exchanged it for 4 small pots of other stuff (3" pots, $2.99 each), 3 small pots of H. KP, EA calls it picta or rubra & 1 small pot of my beloved Balfour Aralia (my favorite plant of ALL TIME). These little ones are locally distributed I think, not EA & don't have mix issues, I'll just pot them in my mixes & resettle them. I'd even mislayed the receipt, but since I had the original pot, they could scan the Bar Code & also they can check one's credit card to check the purchase.

So when you lose that HD Hoya, 'cause of the infernal EA mix & you've tried everything you can think of to save it, pls. take the carcass back to HD (embarassing, even when bagged up, but I've done this), get an exchange & grow something else better!

Karen

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH