SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

"The Day The Garden Smiled"

User
9 years ago

There is a blog by Kerianne called Thistlewood Farm. I enjoy this young woman's writing and her ideas.

Today she has the piece "The Day The Garden Smiled" and I think it is a wonderful concept, especially appropriate for us hosta lovers.

If you want a relaxing bit of reading, try this blog. More suited to the feminine side of things, but enjoyable for what it is.

Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: ThistlewoodFarms...The Day The Garden Smiled

Comments (8)

• melvalena
    9 years ago

OH MY!!! :) no words.

• WILDernessWen
    9 years ago

Thank you Mocc. Sitting here with happy tears. WW

• flower_frenzy
    9 years ago

That was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Mocc, the title of your thread drew me in and that blog post is just lovely!

Now, I wonder if she loans out those children...

Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia

• Gesila
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing Mocc, I really enjoyed it.

Gesila

• jadie88
    9 years ago

How sweet! My kids are much younger, but they already know what makes mom happy. My oldest son (7) was trying to butter me up so I'd let him watch a movie, so he went out to the "yarden" and sprayed down all the hostas (even though it had just rained), then started planting out the snapdragons. My husband and I just smiled and shook our heads as we secretly watched him dig little holes and squish those snapdragons in, spaced about three inches apart. :)

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    9 years ago

Moc, Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. Kids are the most wonderful human beings and I would say that mom did a great job in raising them the right way!

I am also thankful that my sons spent hours making ~ individual cages to protect the hostas form the vicious rabbits. They did some research, bought the supplies and the cages turned out to be quite nice looking and functional.

Thumbs up to all the moms and kids!

Vivian

• jadie88
    9 years ago

Vivian, what great sons you've got! I think kids just grow up right when they grow up gardening! More time working and playing outside where they belong.

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions