SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poseidon24a

My trip to SRQ

12 years ago

Hello everyone. This past Tuesday, I got to meeat Joni at SRQ and pick up some plants. Her place is only 55 highway miles from my apartment, very convenient. I got to meet her helper and her beautiful red poodle 'Nico' and received a nice tour of her operation and the various places she keeps her hoyas. I saw the area where the 'parent' plants, from which she takes her cuttings were hanging, also the humungous room in which her helper was tenaciously potting the rooted ones. There were rows and rows of tables of those small plastic square pots with yellow lables containing those little beauties that we all love.

My needs were met with 2 Bella var. and a cv.Mathilde which I repotted into the small hanging pots I got from Joni.When she picks them out to ship, she always looks for the right plant by chosing the one that she would want. Now that is exceptional service!

First the Bella

Then the cv.Mathilde

And them, hanging on either side of my KP

All in all, it was a wonderful trip that took less than an hours time to drive and I got to meet some excellent people and really get bitten by the Hoya bug. I am trying to re-arrang my apartment to accommodate a few more additions as I type this.

I would like to thank the great people here on the GW for sharing their knowelge and for also pointing out the SRQ site that allowed me to meet Joni in the first place.

Thank you Joni for your hospitality, you made my trip a pleasurable one, for sure.

Poseidon24

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus