SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trilliumway

in defense of mail order - White Oak Nursery

trilliumway
16 years ago

This is my first time posting although I have been lurking for about 2 years. I started on the rose forum and somehow ended up over here. And before you all start teasing me about becoming addicted now that I have discovered hostas, I will readily admit that I already am - addicted not only to the hostas but even to this crazy forum (-: Thank you everyone for all the advice and for sharing such beautiful pictures.

I live in upstate NY and as far as I know their are no nurseries around here that carry anything more than just the very common hostas. So I started my collection by mail order (White Oak Nursery - bare root) and I was thrilled with how big the plants were and how well they took off. I got my order in early May. Temporarily put them into a pot until their permanent bed was ready and the weather warmed up. Pictures were taken end of May. Since this is my first mail order, I really don't know how these compare with other suppliers but I can't believe how big and healthy the plants are already. I will definately order from them again. Great customer service, too.

Comments (19)