SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ymaddox

sun tolerant hosta's

ymaddox
17 years ago

i have a few varieties of hosta and am not sure what (will try to take pictures and post later and maybe someone can help me with the id), because to be honest until i come on this site i never realized there were so many varieties...it is just amazing and a bit overwhelming! My hosta's i have planted just anywhere some at the end of the house with mostly shade, some with evening sun, and some directly in the sun and they are huge!!! The one's in my front flower bed probably have 8 inch leaves on them, and the one in my side yard has about 30-50 eyes, and the ones in the shade has probably 25 eyes. I have never busted them up just because i like them big...it is a sense of pride i guess to grow something that big :). Is it good to leave them big like that? Also can you name other varieties that are tolerant to just where ever you place them? I really love the vibrant lime variegated ones...any that you could put in full sun and still hold that color? Thanks in advance for your kind help, i know it is a long post...but all these choices are amazing and to boot who knows what they may offer at the local nursery, i'm sure not .001% of the varieties available.

Comments (11)