SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justjoeygirl

The good things about the cold and rain:

JustJoeyGirl
18 years ago

I was looking out the window hoping for some sunshine and a few smiling petunias.. I said, well, at least I don't have to water the garden, then I started thinking, and there are no little black flies flying around getting in your eyes while you are working out there. I thought, the wet damp soil does make it easier to pull some of the weeds...I should go out and do a little weeding and lay down a layer of mulch where I've been meaning to. Some of the blooms last longer in the cool weather ( although the rain is doing in my azalea and tree peony blooms, and some of the others) I thought the ground is probably getting a much better soaking than I could give it with my hose. Another good thing about cloudy days...they are great for taking digital pictures of your flowers... And the weather is also good for taking in a blossom or two that might get ruined with the wind and the rain and try to draw or paint it.

There are good things about this weather..I get to wear my favorite hooded sweatshirt again! I thought it was away for the season! JoAnn

Comments (9)

Sponsored