SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

My outside plants got their little butts kicked!

Denise
15 years ago

We had an awful storm with 75-100 MPH winds late Fri. afternoon. Normally, when a bad storm is coming this way, I run out and kind of batten the hatches on my back deck, moving plants out of harms way, etc. But I wasn't at home when it hit. I'm not complaining, mind you, because all around us is serious devastation - 80 year old trees UPROOTED or snapped off, houses and cars squashed by limbs... It's like a war zone out there! We went relatively unscathed - a screen blew out of my GH and I got some debris inside. But hail, which wasn't really that large, mind you, acted as projectiles against many of my plants and ripped and tore at them. Which is why I grow MOST of my Hoyas inside (between bugs and weather), but I have cuttings that are on the deck that got pretty shredded. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was really a blessing in disguise, because it's been my experience that damaged plants kick into gear and put out new growth - probably some survival mechanism. I'm hoping it will get them rooting...

Denise in Omaha

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting