SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Hoya Dreams, Hoya Nightmares

greedygh0st
12 years ago

Do any of you dream about your plants? I was just curious because I have insane plant related dreams pretty regularly and last night's was a knockout.

I dreamt that I found mealybugs on one of my plants, except instead of grabbing an alcohol swab, I reached to pick up the bug and when I had it in my hand, I realized that it wasn't a mealybug, it was a "mealyshepherd." He was a little guy about the size of my hand, half man, half mealybug, and strangely, he didn't look too creepy. Kind of fuzzy. And I think he was wearing pants!

He had real mealybugs kind of climbing around on him, like pets, and here I had a dilemma, because I had to get rid of the mealybugs, but I didn't feel comfortable poisoning a humanoid creature. I was going to just kind of shake him off my hand onto a tree hanging over the balcony, but I wasn't sure whether he'd call all the indoor mealybugs out to him, or lead his flock of mealybugs back inside once my back was turned.

Needless to say, I woke up and needed to shower all my plants with neem before I could go to work.

So, anyone else here have crazy plant nightmares or am I certifiable?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County