SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Surprise Scapes

newyorkrita
15 years ago

Walking the garden today I see strong rebloom scapes coming up on CELEBRATION OF ANGLES and Paul Owen seedling #079. Also another rebloom scape coming on FINIAL DESTINATION which had its last flower on the currently blooming scape today. I have lost track of the number of reblooms I have had on FINAL DESTINATION. Plus the really weird thing is that its a late blooming daylily so its not as if it started up really early in order to get all that rebloom in. Hurray for Emmerich intros!

I also had two flowers today on VT FALL PINK MELON. Those look to be the last on the scape.

Of course nothing will come of those rebloom scapes as its too late for them to bloom. We had a week of rain so I figgure that had something to do with it. Its in the 50s during the day but no freeze at night yet as my impatients, hanging baskets, petunias and marigolds are still going strong.

There are years we had had snow (not much snow) by Thanksgiving but many years we stay in Fall with things growing until mid December. I think it was two years ago when we had a very warm Fall and the roses bloomed and bloomed and bloomed (like they are doing now) until mid January, it was warm and no freezes. Then it turned bitter cold at the end of January and the cold stayed for at least 6 weeks that year.

Comments (7)