SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravenwv

Weird things are happening with my nummularioides

ravenwv
15 years ago

And.........I don't have my camera!

With all my trials and tribulations and attempts and failures (grin) I think I'm getting the hang of this "rooting thing" .. I mentioned that in another post....and I'm STILL thankful for all your help..

The nummularioides is actually one of a few that I was slowly but surely killing before switching to the baggie...I could tell the end of it was rotting from too much water, so I cut it off, took off the next set of leaves, dipped in rooting hormone, repotted, misted, and put in the baggie ....that left it with one node in the soil mix..and then the top node with leaves still attached ...this was on June 4..

So tonight, I was checking on all my cuttings that are rooting in baggies..and I noticed something with the nummularioides ...it seems to have roots coming from the top node, that still has leaves, and the roots have grown down in to the soil ... but you can still see the roots as they leave the top node until they get to the soil...it's odd looking and I'm really not sure what to do with it lol.. I just misted, zipped it back up, and walked away...

Please tell me someone else has seen this and has an opinion..

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH