SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paxfleur

Increase fan growth rate?

paxfleur
15 years ago

Hi everyone -- I just ordered an 'Magic Amethyst' double fan that I would love to plant in my garden this fall so that I can share/divide with a very good friend of mine. I'm fairly new to daylilies and have had 'Stella d'Oro', 'Happy Returns', and 'Surprising Pink' (but not really pink at all) for the last couple of years. Now my question for all you experts out there is, do you know of any way I can promote and increase fan growth so that I am able to share with my friend (because I really really want to)? I know fan growth is totally variable depending on varieties -- but can anyone share growth habits of 'Magic Amethyst'? I plan to soak that double fan in water/super thrive as soon as I get it and plan to treat the part of the garden it will go in with osmocote, manure, and rich compost. I will be sure to place it in an area where it will get full sun and will keep it well watered for the first two weeks. Any other advice/help you can provide to promote good fan growth? I would appreciate your help ever so much! =) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comments (4)