SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notanatural

I went a little nuts

notanatural
17 years ago

I think I went a little nuts- been trying to find hoyas in nyc and have had no luck.

I read several posts by many of you who were very pleased with your purchases on ebay from cowboyflowerman so I decided to give him a try- and ended up buying a 'collection of seven hoyas'. I don't know what I was thinking but that site makes it too damn easy to click buttons and before I knew it, I had purchased it, lol.

So now this is what I'm going to get: H. carnosa 'Tricolor', H. carnosa 'Variegated', H. carnosa 'Picta' (aka. 'Exotica'), H. carnosa 'Holliana', H. compacta 'Variegated', H. compacta, and H. carnosa 'Krinkle 8'

From what I've read, they are all mostly slow growers, is that right? Do any of them like being kept on the moist side ? I couldn't find satisfactory info on every single one of those varieties.

Yikes, I don't even know where I'll keep them all.

Btw, anyone from the nyc area here, who may know of a good source for hoyas and other hard to find plants in the city....please please let me know. I'm always stuck doing mail order and would much prefer to go to a nursery. But, the only one near me never has any hoyas or other interesting tropicals.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH