SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

how do you store pix on the hard drive

there was a post on the gallery side.. and i thought it might be a good idea to move it over here ....

the question was .. basically .. per the title above ...

i download them to the computer.. to a cannon download file... shrink the page so i can open my list of names ... with my typing acumen.. it is just easier to copy/paste ...

then copy the name ....then go to rename in the camera file.. and add the date ......

so something like DCS 344 ... whatever ... would become

delta dawn 041708 ... that number being todays date ....

then they are all moved/stored in a file named Hosta Alpha ...

so when i go to search for delta dawn .. every picture i have of that plant.. is right there... in date order ....

before i delete it from the camera folder.. i may give it a second name .... and actually store two versions of the same picture... such as.. frost damage Delta Dawn 041708 ... or Toad on DD 081408 ... so if someone asks for a picture of frost damage.. or i want to post a pic of a toad .. god knows why .... i can find it rather easily .. rather than trying to remember that it was sitting on DD or which hosta got frosted ...

once or twice a year ... i burn the whole giant file to a CD .... just in case ...

what is your system .. and why would that change mine ... always looking for new ideas!!!!

ken

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville