SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisasmall_gw

Hosta 'White Feather' prices

lisasmall
17 years ago

Hello, all, long time no type! I've missed you. I've been ill and camera-less! And I'm still camera-less, as it happens, but that should be taken care of soon. I owe Peat Moss a photo of the wonderful hosta he gave me last year. Anyway, I'm somewhat better and so I'm thinking about the garden again. DH has almost finished expanding the terrace garden in shade (all hostas, of course) but I can't plant there until he's done  maybe this weekend. Then, all I'll need to make my shade complete and my hosta safe is a fence... hmmm! Maybe I'll need just one more hosta, just one more...

I got interested in H. 'White Feather' and chased it down today. Does anyone know anything to its discredit? Anyone else interested may as well get the advantage of my price checking:

Van Bourgondien $6.99 + $6.95 shipping; presently out of stock

Vesey Canada $7.95 + shipping

Vesey US doesn't have it. I don't know if the price is in US or C dollars, but I'm assuming C?

Jim's Hostas $19.00 + $6 shipping

Naylor Creek $16.00 + $14.00 shipping (min order $35 BEFORE shipping)

I know this list makes Naylor look bad, but they deliver great plants. I'm not ordering anywhere right now; need to hear from my buddies here about whether 'White Feather' is as good as the Hosta Library photos look. Is it slug bait? One of the vendors said it takes sun better than you'd expect. A photo from vendor Von B, but the Library's pics are better, as they include a later-season plant:

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Library 'White Feather'

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21