SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ussher

Suggestions for gardening hired help?

16 years ago

I don't know what to do about this. My work is busier and busier and my gardening time is less and less (maybe that's why I'm so grumpy lately....). I find I am exhausted by the weekend due to working 16hr days. You've probably noticed I haven't been out here as much lately. That's why.

I can't do it all, know what I mean?

My yard is over-run with all the weeds growing in my beds, paths, etc. It looks awful.

I need to hire someone, basically, to weed. I can't hire a lawn service as I have no lawn -- all they do is cut anyway. I don't have any neighborhood kids to hire.

In the past, when I've hired uneducated "botanists", I have lived to regret it. I had a friend I hired once, who was out of work, and who knew "all about" plants. She cut my Floribunda roses to the ground and killed them (oh, they'll grow back even stronger!...), "weeded" my Cassia Tree thus killing it (I didn't know a tree could have more than one trunk...how strange!...I thought it was a weed-oops!), weeded out my glads, daylilies and hacked my hibiscus to death.

Have you guys ever hired anyone to basically weed and not lost everything you planted? Is it possible to find someone to do this? Or, do I simply need to make some time to do it myself?

Comments (27)