1. {{gwi:336162}}

2.{{gwi:336163}}

3.this one i thought is an eggplant

{{gwi:336165}}

4.{{gwi:336167}}

Comments (15)

• juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl
    16 years ago

Manila: It appears your garden is in a lovely location. The terrain is flat here in Central Florida where I live so seeing the mini-mountain behind your house is noteworthy. And your well maintained, clean white wall is such a wonderful backdrop for your garden and personal space.

I like the healthy palm clump to the right of your pergola  it really ties the structure to the garden.

I can only help on the ID of plant #1. ItÂs frequently called polka dot plant or freckle face plant . Formal name is hypoestes phyllostachya.

June

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hey Manila-I have the last plant. It was given to me by Amber, my GW friend. I have had the hardest time trying to ID it. It's something like jasmine gardenia. She thought it was Lakeview Jasmine (at least that is what she was told). I love it's crisp glossy green leaves and pure white flower. Mine has no fragrance, but it sure looks like it should! That orange bloom is very pretty, looks like it has some thorns. Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

• manila
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks for the fast response... im not in FL, i just love this forum, u people seems to be so friendly..actually i live in the caribbean. most of my plants are cuttings from the roadsides or bushes LOL

• bodiggly
    16 years ago

Number 2 is Pereskia bleo, Rose Cactus.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Manila-this IS a great forum and we're glad to have you join us. I envy you living in the Caribbean! I used to teach scuba diving in my younger years and we traveled all over the Caribbean. You must have similar zone and temps to SW Florida.

• ginibee
    16 years ago

I loved the background showing the different levels too. Sure a change from our part of the country. I think this is your number 4. I have a couple of these in my garden and love the shiny leaves and fragrant blooms

Tabernaemontana divaricata ÂGrandiflora 'Butterfly Gardenia'

Here is a link that might be useful: No. 4

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Manila, This is a very active forum. I go to other forums and it takes for ever to get a reply. Folks here are friendly.
    Your plants are beautiful.
    Maybe you can sponsor a swap and we'll all go visit you.
    Now that will be fun.
    Felix

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Hey Felix, you going to row the boat for all of us? I'll bring a cooler of beer. lol

Gini, that is close to mine, but mine is fuller, more flower petals and no yellow throat, pure white.

• manila
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all...it is really nice to meet so friendly people... you are all welcome to our little paradise. We live in St. Maarten...nice weather except the usual hurricane jitters from July to Oct....

• cindeea
    16 years ago

St. Maartin??? I AM PACKING MY BAGS!!! My favorite island, Milan. It is so beautiful. I love both the Dutch and French sides. You have some really amazing culinary geniuses in your restaurants. The food was so unbelieveable and the beaches were awesome. I have to get back to your island. My hubby has never been to the caribbean. I will have to surprise him with a trip one day. There used to be a family restaurant, in their home, on the way to Orient Beach. They grew a lot of their own veggies and herbs. Everyone else was interested in the food, I asked for a garden tour!! It was at the a top of the hill before going down to the beach. their food was wonderful but the garden was smashing. They both gave up high stress/big income jobs in the states to start this restaurant and I often wonder if they ever succeeded.

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Cindee, if not the grandiflora, maybe the T. flore pleno?

Ginny

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

Hi Manilla, welcome!
    Your yard is beautiful. I think #4 is weed. I was in St. Maartin 8 years ago, didn't get to see much at the time due to the Taxi drivers were on a strike. We have same hurricane jitters same time. LOL

• manila
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cindee...yes that rest. is still there..Hill Top View or something.. i love the rows of restaurants at Grand Case area..(esp. when Euro=Dollar).

one of our many many beaches

• nativemel
    16 years ago

Manila,

Oh my those pictures are amazing. You have a lovely yard. I've never been to the islands, but now I definitely want to one day.

Thanks for sharing!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thanks Manila, Hill Top, now why couldn't I remember that name, lol. Your beaches are so beautiful!! I want to come back some day.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor