SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

saucerful of secrets and others.

Cindy zone 6a
12 years ago

It was a beautiful day to be in the garden, and as I was working I found two more rebloom scapes coming up on Saucerful of Secrets. What a bloomer. It was new last summer from Curt Hanson. this is it's July bloom

and a rebloom in September, the last bloom was around September 15. Now there are more scapes, but I did notice that they are really down in the foliage. The rebloom was also somewhat short. This is the rebloom, not as nice as the first blooms, but it is still a daylily in September!

Here are more scapes popping up!!

Yesterday was the first of the rebloom for Sitting on a Cornflake. The rebloom today is very nice.

Here is a look from a distance, the bloom was huge!

Beautiful Edgings has one more bud left.

Rebloom on Mokan Butterfly.

Rebloom on Lavender Heartthrob, this one has never rebloomed before, you can see the blue asters blooming behind LH.

Pardon Me has been putting out several rebloom scapes.

A late Noid blooming in the pot ghetto.

Remember the lady who was giving away her daylilies?, well I ended up with over 40 pots of daylilies, and they are growing like crazy. This is just one section showing the pots. The bloom will be great next summer, as several of the daylilies will be surprizes. I have a list of what she had in her gardens, and I potted up several that were done blooming, not knowing what they were.

I have also been busy getting a new bed ready!! This area gets too much shade for daylilies to do well, although I may try a few. I am going to build a border to raise the area, and have plans for about 400 spring bulbs, daffodils, and hyacinths. Probably will plant shade annuals over the bulbs when they finish. The garden hose gives an idea of the outline.

I planted blackberry lilies this past summer, a really pretty flower, and now the seedheads are so cool too!!! I have been scattering the seed in hopes to have more next summer. Don't the seeds look delicious!

Here is the blackberry lily in bloom.

The cooler nights create fog over the lake and the mornings are very calm and peaceful. If you look closely you can see the black swans that were swimming in the fog. They are just a bit to the right of the center of the picture. Looking forward to another nice sunny day tommorrow.

Whiskey, Bowie and Babe are all doing well. Babe is growing he is now 4 lbs, and is a real sweetheart!! The mums are starting to glow. There is Whiskey, following me.

Cindy

Comments (13)