SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

Northern Rebloom and lots of it

Before I start I would like to say that that I was reading a post on here where Ed from Oklahoma (I think) mentioned soil conditions. How very right he is. When I first started gardening I knew p lants would never be as nice as I was hoping without fixing the soil first. My ground held too much water. Hard as it was I tilled giant bag after bag of peat into the top foot of soil in the back yard. The front beds were created from chipped trees from a tree service place, leaves, straw and anything else I could get my hands on. Then I used to get finely chipped wood as mulch but it's to expensive now so I use straw and collect every fallen leaf in the area(getting too old to do that much longer). The worms like the latter better anyway. So I guess you would call my soil good. Now having said that I still believe these daylilies would rebloom but you won't see as great a but count.
I'll start with Paul Owen daylilies, There just isn't enough good that I can say. Every thing from his personality to his plants is spectacular. I can't go thru each plant because I'm embarrassed to say that I have too many. In my experience if he says they rebloom they will and multi rebloom they will. The flowers are breathtaking and plants are healthy. Please if your new to daylilies don't for get to give them 3 years to mature to really see the show. Viola Vernetta in it fourth year this year bloomed three sets of scapes and every flower was knock me down gorgeous. Life On Pern ,Enlightened Assumption,The Bodacious Ms. Billadeau, Steam Roller, on and on they are drop dead gorgeous and performers. And no I don't know Mr. Owen just the plants I get from him. Get one in a color you love you won't regret it. Oh, I did stay mostly with his dormant plants but do have a few semi-evergreen and have not had a problem with them.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath