SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayan_gw

Curioser and curioser!

kayan
18 years ago

I suppose I brought this upon myself. Why, oh why did I have to forum surf? Now I want a lot of hoyas.

Hi everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself even though I'm still very new to hoyas- your photos and discussions have me drooling for some more of my own!

I got my first hoya last year, when I was a student in the floristry program at the community college. The horticulture students were having a sale. One of my classmates came back with an interesting succulent-like vine plant with ooooh, pretty velvety flowers. Mine (of course I had to get one) had no flowers.

It got pretty abused, poor thing. I repotted it because it was falling over (it was trained into a wreath shape- which I will be undoing tomorrow), and then left it outdoors all winter because daddy thought I had too many plants. It's still alive, though doubtfully healthy.

Picked this 'lil one up at Home Depot a few days ago. 4" pot for $1.98.

Does anyone know of some good sources for hoyas in the San Francisco Bay Area? I haven't seen a lot of hoyas around where I shop, and I've got the itch! (Also very sad I've come along too late to get cuttings from greenleaforchids.com.)

Erk, sorry this turned out so long! Hope y'all will have me anyway. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus